Wouldn’t you like to work with someone who’s been there, done that,
and cracked the code?
Everything I do and have ever done, I believe in challenging the status quo!
I have a history….
- 1975-1979: Became a teacher of kids with Special Needs. Saw the status quo wasn’t supporting the whole child and their families. Was very frustrated for them.
- 1980-1989: Fulfilled my dream of helping couples become families during their pregnancies, birth and early parenting as a Childbirth Educator/Doula (before there were Doulas). Saw the status quo was seriously flawed and lead to many avoidable complications. I co-founded a childbirth/parenting education group, Natural Beginnings: the informed parent’s resource, to empower parents. It’s still going strong today under the direction of a very gifted and capable Doula.
- 1989-1998: Sought and received additional training, education and experience and became an active Inclusion Facilitator, Parent and Child Advocate, Speaker/Trainer for school districts and parenting groups.
- 1980-2002: Became a mom and took huge amounts of photos of my family. Tried SO hard to follow the status quo (scrapbooking) with my photos. Instead, created piles and piles and boxes and boxes of photos. Felt like a failure. The status quo didn’t work for me… and most of the rest of the world.
- July 5, 2002-present time: Cracked the code and created my UNscrapbooking processes. Learned how our story driven photos can help kids with disabilities, help families grow closer and so very much more!!!
It’s become the status quo, hasn’t it, to take pictures, store them away and then forget whatever the story was that went with them?
I’m Barb Orozco, and I work with people, especially parents, to cut through the head trash and use my UNscrapbooking processes to take their photos and tell stories which are more powerful and life-affirming than ever before.
Kathy Kersey, mom and album-maker
While others will try to convince you of how “fun” it is to scrapbook, I’ll help you turn your back on it, empower you to find your solid “why” for doing something with your photos and stories and then the processes to enable you to use UNscrapbooking with strength and joy… consistently enjoying your story driven photos and making the most of them, as was your plan all along!